The U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh is seeking applications for the position of Maintenance Supervisor in Facility Maintenance Section (FMS).
The incumbent reports to the Facility Manager (FM) for all assigned duties and is directly responsible for the administration and supervision of Post Residential Maintenance program. Provides maintenance support and services to all post agencies and personnel and also responsible for the actions of all subordinate employees.
- Minimum three years Diploma-in-Engineering in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Power/ Refrigeration or Air-conditioning (obtained after passing SSC) from an approved polytechnic institution is required. (You must attach a copy of your SSC & Diploma certificate along with your application form.)
- Level III (Good Working Knowledge) English and Bangla speaking/writing required. English language proficiency will be tested.
- Minimum seven (7) years journeyman level experience out of which three (3) years should be of supervisory experience.
- Detailed knowledge of residential maintenance & operation practices and a thorough knowledge of electrical, plumbing, Air-conditioning, Home appliances, sewage, fire protection and mechanical equipment and systems found in commercial and industrial complexes are required. Full knowledge of industrial safety and fire prevention practices and a broad knowledge of U.S. building, electrical and fire codes required.
- Must have the supervisory skill to organize, train and direct a multi-trade workforce. Must be able to read, interpret and explain building and construction drawings, electrical schematics and manufacturer’s technical manuals. Supervisory skills are required to effectively plan complex and segmented maintenance actions, organize maintenance resources in the most efficient and cost effective manner and respond to priority requirements as they occur. Strong interpersonal skills which effectively deal with mission employees and Bangladeshi craftsman and laborers are absolutely essential.
Please find the full job announcement on our website at: dhaka.usembassy.gov All applicants must complete the new Job Application formin English with contact telephone number and submit either by regular mail (postal service) or deliver by Hand to the South barrier (near the Nepal/Vatican Embassy) of the U.S. Embassy, Dhaka. Please do not send applications via fax. Application submission deadline: July 21, 2014.
The new Application form for Employment as a Locally Employed (LE) staff or Family Member, form DS-174 form is available at South barrier (near the Vatican/ Nepal Embassy) during office hours and are also available on our website